So, with school starting and supply lists being checked off, we thought coworking deserved a list too.
1. Laptop charger – essential. Unless you have a crazy amazing laptop that I have never heard of in my life.
2. Phone charger – you may be using your phone more than you think. Just bring it.
3. Headphones – for music, phone calls, or a little privacy.
4. Phone – because there’s just work that you can’t get done on your laptop.
5. Notepad – sometimes it’s just nice to have one. Especially when you’re meeting with people or attending a lunch and learn, it’s nice to show that you’re focused on them and not actually checking your email.
6. Pen – full stop.
7. Water bottle – there will probably be cups at the coworking space you’re working at, but it’s also nice to leave as little clean-up as possible. However, the water cooler moments are great breaks and ways to talk casually to your fellow coworkers. So bring your water bottle empty, fill up frequently
8. Snack – this is absolutely essential, for obvious reasons. I try to live by the “never eat lunch alone” motto – always look for reasons to connect with people. That’s what coworking is all about!
9. Business cards – just do it. In some ways it seems old school but it’s still a nice gesture.
10. Flash drive – for those large files that are hard to transfer, the day you have to go to kinkos, or for the moment when you need to look especially 2003 nerdy, wear it with a lanyard.
What other coworking essentials am I missing?